Welcome to WAPG
The Washington Association of Professional Guardians (WAPG) is the exclusive organization representing the interests of Certified Professional Guardians (CPGs) in Washington State that meet the standards of certification established by the Washington State Supreme Court through the Certified Professional Guardianship Board.
WAPG is an affiliate member of the National Guardianship Association.
Our Mission and Purpose
To educate on issues relevant to guardianship as a profession; to establish, promote and facilitate standards and ethics for guardian; to advocate for the interests of guardianship as a profession and to enhance the quality of guardian services provided professionally in Washington State.
Our Goals and Objectives
- Establish and maintain the highest standards and practices for the profession by setting forth guidelines for training, higher education, experience, ethical conduct, and consulting with courts, the CPG board, and others.
- Foster better relationships between members, the persons they serve, and others associated with providing guardian services.
- Provide information and education to membership; to members of federal, state, and local legislatures and agencies and courts, including the CPG Board, having jurisdiction over guardianship; to consumers; and to businesses and
- State agencies engaging in services connected to provided guardians services.
- Promote understanding and awareness of the benefits of guardianship, and the importance of proper decision-making, advocacy and justice as a form of assistance for those who may not be completely capable.